Friday, September 25, 2009

who are you?

Lately Max's vocab and ability to have a conversation has really increased. Our new game is for me to ask him if he is a monkey, or a horse, or a snake, or whatever. He will respond by putting both hands on his chest and say, "No, Max". Sometimes he will say "baby punkin" because I call him pumpkin pretty frequently, but usually he just corrects me, "no, max".

Anyway, so today I was listening to my new mp3 player in the car and had it on shuffle. A praise song came on and I started singing along..."Holy, Holy, You are Lord God Almighty"...I hear a small voice in the back seat say, "no, me max". I didn't hear anything else from him so I continue to sing. Again, the chorus..."Holy, Holy, You are Lord God Almighty"...and again, the little voice. I check him out in the rear view mirror and see his hands on his chest saying, "no, me max". Ha, Ha...my mistake.

So we had a sweet little discussion about singing and praying to God. Wow, age 2 is amazing so far.

No comments: