This month there are many reasons why I am late on these pictures...illness, hard drive crash and replacement and forgetfulness...but here she is at 22 months!
She is independent while at the same time wants to be held. She has definite opinions and agendas and can throw very impressive tantrums. She picks on Max, sneaky thing...she will pinch him and say "ouch", then stare blankly at me as I say "no pinch", then she goes right back to it. You would think with such determination she would have the vocabulary to make things happen, but she does remarkably well with her non verbal cues. She is creative, she goes way beyond grunts and points...there are motions and reenactments to get her message across. She is, however, learning (or finally has decided to say) new words...just this week was "Where Max go?" and "ouch bobo"...bobo is her bum, she has a diaper rash. She is quite particular about her bedtime lullaby...I will start a song and she will raise her head up and loudly say "NO", then I will try another one..."NO" and we do this until I find one that she thinks suitable...lately it has been Jesus Loves Me. Her current favorite books are the sing-a-long illustrated versions of Skip to My Lou and Yanky Doodle.
But of course, we find all of these traits endearing and love her more for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment