Wow...11 months already? yet she does not seem that old since she struggles to pull up and does not crawl, much less cruise or take a few steps. However, after a few weeks of "therapy" (which includes us actually putting her on the ground and letting her yell about it), she is a lot more willing to get on her hands and knees, bounce, scoot, and other vigorous actions. So, we are not worried and enjoying these last few days of her immobility.
Where she is behind in gross motor she is advanced in her language. If you have been a follower since the early Max days, then you know I jumped on the sign language bandwagon...sort of. Max had a few signs that he used regularly and I have begun to use them with Annabel. ALL FINISHED, PLEASE and HELP are the three that I felt were important to work on. However, Annabel decided that those were not the words she needed so she invented her own! EAT and PICK ME UP are the two that she made up...it took me a while to realize what she was doing but she persisted and now mommy knows. She also uses PLEASE. Yesterday she was fussy and I picked her up (this is why she does not crawl!) and said, "are you ready for night-night?" and she signed PLEASE! And yes, when I took her to her room she put her thumb in her mouth and went right to sleep. She actually speaks "mama" and "da dee", although not regularly.
Anyway, here are her 11 month pics in her very pink room.
(she only takes a pappy when she is NOT sleeping)
Easter.
my old bonnet and the dress made my Mimi.
No comments:
Post a Comment